Share | 

Marc Bolan, 1947-1977... 16 September

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior

PostSubject: Marc Bolan, 1947-1977... 16 September   Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:38 am

Today is the anniversary of Marc Bolan's passing over to the spirit world. He is so much loved and missed...

What a great friend to me he has been. And today I've seen such an outpouring of love towards him from all the fans on Facebook... many of them talking about the presence of his spirit in their lives... it's wonderful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Marc Bolan, 1947-1977... 16 September   Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:15 pm

blu wink GEM,

Thanks for sharing in your Marc Bolan. for you

This was ONE of my FAV. Albums when I was 15yrs old. Nice choice to post here.

Thanks again for the time travel. blu wink sweetheart

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Marc Bolan, 1947-1977... 16 September   Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:53 pm

The Slider is a fabulous album, Solane! It's one of the first ones I got, back when I was ohhh probably about 10 years old I think. I love that everyone is thinking about him today and that others have shared that they know his spirit is around them. He's everyone's Marc Bolan. thumup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Marc Bolan, 1947-1977... 16 September   Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:04 am

Bizarre coincidence.... Shocked ...today in America (which is yesterday here in Australia), the 16th of September alot of people are celebrating the BIRTH-day of my inspiration and musical hero, Nick Jonas. He is just 18 and bringing hope to many many people, especially children.

Long live the memory and impact of those who reach our hearts and minds with their words and music...

happy hour

Light Warrior
Light Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Marc Bolan, 1947-1977... 16 September   Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:57 am

Wow! That's so cool. Another coincidence - on the 17th, I went to work to cover someone else's shift, and I discovered that a very best of T Rex CD had arrived - it's difficult to source T Rex CD's within our country these days, we have to import them now - so of course I played it in-store as a tribute (seeing as it was still the 16th in the UK and US). I ended up having a conversation with a customer, a lady who was enjoying the CD, all about Marc.

I agree, here's to those who inspire us for the better!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marc Bolan, 1947-1977... 16 September   

Back to top Go down

Marc Bolan, 1947-1977... 16 September
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1